Acceptable Use Policy
Last Updated: 23 January 2024
Neon ("Neon," "we," "us," or "our") is committed to providing a secure and productive computing environment. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) outlines the acceptable use of our Platform and Services. By accessing and using Neon's Platform and Services, you agree to comply with this policy. Unless otherwise provided herein, capitalized terms will have the meaning specified in the applicable Terms of Service, Master Service Agreement, or any other agreed terms (“Agreement”).
- Lawful Use: Customers and Authorized Users, hereafter “Users,” must use Neon's resources in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ethical Use: Users are expected to act ethically and responsibly, respecting the rights of others and the integrity of Neon's resources.
- Security: Users must take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of Neon's resources, including but not limited to using strong passwords and promptly reporting any security incidents.
The following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Unauthorized Access: Users are prohibited from attempting to gain unauthorized access to Neon's serverless Postgres instances, data, or any other resources.
- Malicious Activities: Any activities that could be deemed malicious, including but not limited to hacking, phishing, or deploying malware, are strictly prohibited.
- Abuse of Resources: Users should not engage in activities that lead to excessive consumption of Neon's resources, disrupting the service for other users. This includes intentional or unintentional denial-of-service attacks.
- Data Breach Prevention: Users are responsible for implementing adequate security measures to prevent data breaches. Any actions compromising the security of data stored in Neon are strictly prohibited. Unauthorized sharing of credentials, including but not limited to usernames and passwords, is strictly forbidden.
- Unauthorized Modifications: Unauthorized modifications to Neon's infrastructure, configurations, or any other settings are prohibited. This includes attempts to alter serverless configurations or storage settings without proper authorization.
- Illegal Content: Users must not store or transmit any illegal content through Neon. This includes but is not limited to copyrighted material without proper authorization, child pornography, or any content that violates applicable laws.
- Bulk Email and Spam: Users are prohibited from using Neon's services for the purpose of sending bulk emails or engaging in spam activities. This includes the use of Neon's resources for email campaigns without proper authorization.
- Violations of Privacy: Users must respect the privacy of others and should not engage in activities that violate the privacy of Neon's users or any third parties.
- Network Interference: Users are not allowed to interfere with the normal operation of Neon's network infrastructure, including attempting to bypass security measures or manipulating network protocols.
- Insecure Development Practices: Users are expected to follow secure development practices when utilizing Neon's services, and any insecure coding practices that could compromise the integrity of the service are prohibited.
- Creating Multiple Accounts: Avoid creating multiple accounts, as this can result in an account block due to misuse of free-tier resources.
Violations of this AUP may result in, including but not limited to account suspension or termination in accordance with the applicable Agreement and reporting to law enforcement authorities. Neon reserves the right to modify this AUP at any time without notice.
Users who become aware of any violations of this AUP are encouraged to report them to email@example.com.
You agree to abide by this Acceptable Use Policy by using Neon's resources. Your compliance helps us maintain a secure and productive environment for everyone. Thank you for your cooperation.
Last updated on