Last Updated: 05 October 2023
At Neon, we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the responsible processing of personal data. This guide offers a straightforward overview, designed to help you quickly grasp our approach to your data. It is our commitment to clarity and transparency, ensuring you always feel informed and in control.
When we refer to our Services in this Privacy Guide, we are referring to all of our products and services, including our Platform, websites, and software.
1. What Information We Collect and Process
a. Information You Provide to Neon
- When you interact with the Neon Services and related services, we collect Personal Data and other information from you.
- This information may include your email address, first and last name, job title, and similar business details.
b. Information We Collect When You Use the Platform
- If you create an Account, we collect basic information such as your name, email address.
- We may also generate and use aggregate, anonymized Usage Data to improve and develop our services.
- Third-party integrations connected to your Neon Account may access Customer Data and Personal Data, subject to your permissions.
c. Information We Process on Behalf of Customers
- We process Customer Data on behalf of our customers, which may include Customer Personal Data.
- Customer Data is controlled and managed by our customers, who are responsible for its accuracy and compliance with relevant regulations. Neon may access your personal and customer information only when it’s essential to enhance, protect, and update our services or to tackle any technical or security concerns.
- We do not permit the transfer or upload of Sensitive Information. That’s stuff like medical records, biometric identifiers (such as fingerprints and voice prints), and credit card numbers.
d. Information We Collect From Other Sources
- We may receive information from our partners, co-marketing partnerships, third-party service providers, and publicly available sources.
- This information may be combined with data we collect from you to improve our records and provide personalized content.
2. How We Use Personal Data
We use Personal Data for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- Facilitating contractual and pre-contractual business relationships.
- Complying with legal obligations, including GDPR and AML/KYC requirements.
- Communicating with you about the services, account management, and security incidents.
- Providing and personalizing our services based on your needs.
- Developing new services and improving existing ones.
- Conducting research, analysis, and market research.
- Securing and protecting our platform and users.
- Marketing and promoting our services.
- Other purposes with your consent.
3. Data Security
We will maintain sufficient administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for the
protection of the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the Customer Data.
Review our security page for further details.
4. Data Sharing:
- We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
- Your data may be shared with trusted third-party service providers for purposes such as providing our Services, hosting, analytics, and customer support.
- You can sign up to get notifications for when we update our sub-processor list by following the sign-up process on our sub-processor page.
5. International Data Transfers
- Neon complies with the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework, UK Extension, and Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework. We also implement the Standard Contractual Clauses (approved by the European Commission and Swiss authorities) and UK Addendum to the Standard Contractual Clauses (approved by the UK authorities) where required.
- You have rights to access and control your data, and we resolve complaints promptly.
- If you have concerns, contact us at email@example.com or seek dispute resolution through a U.S.-based provider.
- We may disclose data as required by law, including national security or law enforcement requests.
6. Data Retention and User Control:
- We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data. You can manage your data preferences through your account settings.
- We provide options for opting out of certain data processing activities, such as marketing communications.
- We adhere to data protection laws and regulations applicable in your jurisdiction, including GDPR, CCPA, and others.
- Our data protection practices are regularly audited and updated to ensure compliance.
- We provide clear information on data collection, use, and sharing.
9. Contact Us:
- If you have questions or concerns about your personal data or our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value your trust and are committed to protecting your personal data while providing our services. Our privacy practices are designed to ensure transparency, security, and respect for your data privacy rights.