Back to all notes
- Pageserver, Safekeeper, Compute, and Proxy: Reduced the size of Neon storage binaries by 50% by removing dependency debug symbols from the release build.
- Pageserver: Moved the Write-Ahead Log (WAL) redo process code from Neon's
postgresrepository to the
neonrepository and created a separate
wal_redobinary in order to reduce the amount of change in the
- Compute: Updated prefetching support to store requests and responses in a ring buffer instead of a queue, which enables using prefetches from many relations concurrently.
- Pageserver and Safekeeper: Removed support for the
--daemonizeoption from the CLI process that starts the Pageserver and Safekeeper storage components. The required library is no longer being maintained and the option was only used in our test environment.
- Pageserver: Added a tenant sizing model and an endpoint for retrieving the tenant size.