Pro Plan Cost Estimation tool enhancements
Typical use cases and Custom tabs were added to the Pro Plan Cost Estimation tool that is accessible from the Billing page on the Neon Free Tier. This tool helps you estimate what your monthly cost would be if you upgraded to the Neon Pro plan.
- The Typical uses case tab provides cost estimates for predefined Prototype, Launch, and Scale use cases.
- The Custom tab allows you to estimate costs based on compute and storage usage values that you provide.
Fixes & improvements
- API: Added a
suspend_timeout_secondsparameter to the
default_endpoint_settingsobject in the Create project API. This parameter defines the amount of time before the project's default compute endpoint is suspended due to inactivity. The default is 300 seconds (5 minutes).
- API: Deprecated the
autoscaling_limit_min_cuparameters in the Create project
projectobject. You can configure these parameters in the
default_endpoint_settingsobject instead when creating a project.
- Control Plane: The default password encryption method for roles in Neon was changed to
- Control Plane: Upgraded PGBouncer to a Bitnami version that does not wait for the Postgres instance to become accessible before starting PgBouncer. Additionally, to optimize compute startup times, the
server_login_retrysetting in PgBouncer's configuration was adjusted to remove any delay between Postgres connection retries.
- Control Plane: Autoscaling minimum and maximum values are now validated to ensure only valid values are permitted.
- UI: Invoices from past months did not appear on the Billing page for Neon Pro plan accounts.