Back to all changelog posts
Fixes & improvements
- Compute: Added support for a future implementation of sequential scan prefetch, which improves I/O performance for operations such as table scans.
- Compute: Moved the backpressure throttling algorithm to the Neon extension to minimize changes to the Neon Postgres core code, and added a
backpressure_throttling_timefunction that returns the total time spent throttling since the system was started.
- Compute: Added support for the
plv8Postgres extensions. For information about Postgres extensions supported by Neon, see Postgres extensions.
- Pageserver: Increased the default
compaction_periodsetting to 20 seconds to reduce the frequency of polling that is performed to determine if compaction is required. The frequency of polling with the previous setting of 1 could result in excessive CPU consumption when there are numerous tenants and projects.
- Pageserver: Added initial support for online tenant relocation.
- Pageserver: Added support for multiple Postgres versions.
- Proxy: Improved error messages and logging.