Back to all changelog posts
Fixes & improvements
- Compute: Enabled the use of the
CREATE EXTENSIONstatement for users that are not database owners.
- Compute: Updated the Postgres version to 14.4.
- Compute: Renamed the following custom configuration parameters:
- Control Plane: Renamed
- Pageserver: Implemented a page service
fullbackupendpoint that works like basebackup but also sends relational files.
- Pageserver: Added support for importing a base backup taken from a standalone Postgres instance or another Pageserver using
- Pageserver: Fixed the database size calculation to count Visibility Maps (VMs) and Free Space Maps (FSMs) in addition to the main fork of the relation.
- Pageserver: Updated the timeline size reported when
DROP DATABASEis executed.
- Pageserver: Decreased the number of threads by running gc and compaction in a blocking tokio thread pool.
- Pageserver: Switched to per-tenant attach/detach. Download operations of all timelines for one tenant are now grouped together so that branches can be used safely with attach/detach.
- Proxy: Added support for propagating SASL/SCRAM Postgres authentication errors to clients.
- Safekeeper: Added support for backing up Write-Ahead Logs (WAL) to S3 storage for disaster recovery.
- Safekeeper: Added support for downloading WAL from S3 storage on demand.
- Safekeeper: Switched to etcd subscriptions to keep Pageservers up to date with the Safekeeper status.
- Safekeeper: Implemented JSON Web Token (JWT) authentication in the Safekeeper HTTP API.
- Safekeeper: Fixed the walreceiver connection selection mechanism:
- Reconnecting to a Safekeeper immediately after it fails is now avoided by limiting candidates to those with the fewest connection attempts.
- Increased the
max_lsn_wal_lagdefault setting to avoid constant reconnections during normal work.
wal_connection_attemptsmaintenance, preventing busy reconnection loops.